Swissmar Biel Copper Fondue Set
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians.
Tip: The cooking oil should be heated in the metal fondue pot on top of the kitchen stove. The optimum temperature for frying the meat is 375ºF, although it can be cooked properly down to 360ºF. A deep-frying thermometer is an essential tool for telling when the oil has reached the frying temperature.
- Pot made of 0.8mm thick, 18/8 copper-plated stainless steel
- Tapered opening to keep the heat inside the pot, allowing the oil to remain above 350 degrees Fahrenheit without spattering
- Traditional pot design with hammered mirror finish
- Versatile: also great for one-pot meals such as chilli, hearty soups, Swedish meatballs, hot nacho and veggie dips
- Pot: 0.8mm thickness, 18/8 copper-plated stainless steel pot, mirror-finish, 6"/15.24 cm diameter, 2 L / 2.11 qt capacity
- Copper-plated spatter guard (for meat fondue)
- 6 black-handled forks with coloured tips
- 18/8 copper-plated stainless steel burner
- Black chrome-plated / stainless steel rechaud and base plate