Chef Jessica's Green Shakshuka with Za'atar Pita Crisps
yields 3-4 servings
- 300 gram package frozen Spinach, defrosted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- ½ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a food processor, add the spinach (do not drain).
- Add garlic, shallot, pitted green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, sumac, red chili flakes, & ground pepper.
- Process until fairly smooth, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the spinach mixture to the pan.
- Stirring occasionally, cook spinach for 5 minutes.
- Make 6 wells in the spinach mixture. Crack an egg into each well. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle feta over spinach and eggs. Cover again and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Whites of eggs should be set and yolks still runny. Cook longer if desired.
- Scoop each egg out of pan with some of the spinach around it and plate. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkling of fresh pepper. Serve with pita crisps to scoop up the yolky egg and spinach.
Pita Crisps with Za'atar
- 4 - 6” pitas (with pockets)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp za'atar
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine olive oil with za'atar.
- Brush the pitas on one side only with the olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle each with sea salt.
- Cut each pita into 8 triangles.
- Arrange on baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve with Shakshuka.
- Can be made ahead. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Original price $350.00Current price $199.00| /
The Toughened Nonstick Braiser is uniquely designed for maximum performance, transforming tough cuts of meat and hearty vegetables into tender, fla...View full detailsOriginal price $350.00Current price $199.00| /Save 43%
Cooking your favourite dishes will be easy and healthy with Le Creuset’s Toughened Nonstick collection. The surface is free of harmful compounds a...View full details$370.00| /Sale
$19.00| /$19.00| /Sale
Offset head with shallow bowl is perfect for all your scooping needs. Angled head ensures food stays in spoon while scooping Shallow bowl Nylon Co...View full details$28.00| /Sale
from $5.00| /
100% pure boar bristle, wood handle.from $5.00| /Sale