All-Clad D5® 10-Piece Brushed Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Since 1971, All-Clad has been crafting cookware with American-made steel in their Pennsylvania factory.The brand is famous for pioneering fully-clad cookware, hence the name All-Clad.
The All-Clad d5 Brushed Stainless-Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set features a patented technology of five alternating layers of responsive aluminum and durable heat-diffusing stainless steel that extends all the way to the rim. The only cookware of its kind, d5 stainless-steel cookware heats slowly and evenly: no scorched hotspots here!
The set's unique features include ergonomically contoured comfort handles and brushed stainless steel exteriors and lids.
10 pc set includes:
- 8" Fry Pan: 8.6" diam. (22cm); 1.5" high (3.8cm)
- 10" Fry Pan: 10.6" diam. (25.4cm); 2" high (5 cm)
- 2-Qt. Saucepan: 6" diam. (15.2cm), 4.25" high (10.8cm), Capacity: 1.89L
- 3-Qt. Saucepan: 8" diam. (20.3 cm), 4 3/4"high (12cm) , Capacity: 3.78L
- 3-Qt. Sauté Pan: 10" diam. (25.4cm), 3.25" high (8.25cm), Capacity: 3.78L
- 8-Qt. Stockpot: 10.5" diam. (26.7cm), 5 1/4" high (13.3cm), Capacity:7.57L
- Materials: 18/10 Stainless steel+ high gauge aluminum
- Riveted stainless steel handles, ergonomically designed, will never loosen
- Compatible for all cooktops including induction; oven, broiler safe up to 600F
- Flared rim facilitates precise, drip-free pouring
- Dishwasher safe, handwashing recommended to maintain beauty
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
Why we love it: This set is the 'Cadillac' of cookware. The 5 layers of cladding mean these pieces hold heat extremely well. They take a little longer to heat, but once they reach temperature, they release the heat steadily. We don't have to crank the heat on the frying pans to get perfectly seared steaks, golden chicken or crispy-skinned fish (medium heat is just fine).
D5 saucepans are perfect for making all sauces and soups, but especially white sauces, reheating starchy purees (carrot, celery root) that would stick and scorch in anything else. Pastry creams, lemon curd and buttery-emulsions like hollandaise get the slow and steady heat that gives them their rich silkiness. The lower heat needed means that the parts of the pan that don't have food on them aren't scorching, making these pans very easy to clean.
The 4qt. Saute pan makes take-out stirfries a thing of the past. Stir-fries require a very strong heat source to maintain the searing temperatures needed to cook ingredients quickly. With the D5 saute pan, heat is not lost as meat and vegetables are added, giving them the quick, intense sear they need to stay bright, crisp and fresh-tasting. The D5 line gives the excellent searing function of cast iron without the maintenance level. The searing and simmering capabilities of enameled cast-iron are easily replicated with the D5 pieces and you can use metal utensils without worrying about damaging the enamel. This is truly heirloom quality, indestructible cookware that can be passed down multiple times for generations of happy meal-making!