Chef Jessica's Tikka Masala Two Ways with Cilantro Couscous
There is freshly fallen snow sparkling under crystal blue skies, it's beautiful but cold outside and thankfully the days are getting longer.
Perfection can be found in even the most monotonous suburban days. Change things up, walk a different way, try something new, take a moment to look at the things you see every day and look at them from a different perspective. Todays is the perfect day to try something new.
Chef Jessica has sent us a delicious spicy bone warming dish that the whole family will love.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil or 4 tbsp olive oil to make recipe vegan
- 1 medium white onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (19 oz) if you want to keep this dish traditional omit for meat version
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cubed omit for vegetarian version
- 1 ½ cups puréed tomatoes (passata)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (in can)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large non-stick frypan or large saucepan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- (For meat version ignore for vegetarian version) add the chicken and brown on all sides, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan onto a plate.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Onions can brown slightly.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add ginger, cayenne, coriander, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg and paprika. Stir spices into onions and cook 1 minute.
- (For vegetarian version( add chickpeas and stir to coat with spices, 1 minute.
- ( For meat version) add the chicken along with any accumulated juices on the plate
- Add tomato purée and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lime juice, pepper and salt; stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and stir well. Serve with couscous.
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 – ¼” slices of lemon
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In medium saucepan, bring stock, salt, coriander and lemon to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir. Return to boil.
- Once boiling, cover pot with lid and remove from heat.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir in cilantro. Serve.
Shop everything you need to expertly make Chef Jessicas Tikka Masala
1 reviewOriginal price $310.00Current price $189.00| /
Scanpan CTX is an exclusive series of pots and pans for the everyday demands of food enthusiasts. With CTX, you get uncompromising cookware in the...View full detailsOriginal price $310.00Current price $189.00| /Save 39%
2 reviewsOriginal price $185.00Current price $139.00| /
The Scanpan Classic non-stick saute pan has a larger a flat cooking surface so you'll be able to prepare larger portions. As with other Scanpan sa...View full detailsOriginal price $185.00Current price $139.00| /Save 25%
Original price $220.00Current price $149.00| /
As indicated by its name, the IQ series features the latest technology, which means that it is suitable for all types of heat sources, including in...View full detailsOriginal price $220.00Current price $149.00| /Save 32%
Original price $210.00Current price $119.00| /
Meyer SuperSteel pots and pans are made in Canada and feature a tri-ply design that provides even, consistent heat distribution with no hot spots. ...View full detailsOriginal price $210.00Current price $119.00| /Save 43%
Original price $375.00Current price $224.00| /
Since 1971, All-Clad has been crafting cookware with American-made steel in their Pennsylvania factory. The brand is famous for pioneering fully-...View full detailsOriginal price $375.00Current price $224.00| /Sold out
Original price $495.00Current price $399.00| /
Since 1971, All-Clad has been crafting cookware with American-made steel in their Pennsylvania factory. The brand is famous for pioneering fully-cl...View full detailsOriginal price $495.00Current price $399.00| /Save 19%
Original price $319.00Current price $249.00| /
Known as the master chef's knife, the kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which you'd use a chef's knife and offers top cutting performance and...View full detailsOriginal price $319.00Current price $249.00| /Save 22%
All Epicurean Cutting & Serving Boards are constructed out of low carbon footprint material with multiple layers of Forest Stewardship Council ...View full details$49.00| /Sale
We love this compact 5" Santoku knife from Wusthof's elegant Classic Ikon range. Available in both a black handle as well as cream colour, this kn...View full details$210.00| /Sale
Original price $170.00Current price $149.00| /
With this Wüsthof Classic santoku knife you end up with the pefect knife for the more detailed cutting tasks. Especially developed to prepare Sush...View full detailsOriginal price $170.00Current price $149.00| /Save 12%
Original price $40.00Current price $29.00| /
Beautifully-designed clear acrylic top and mills add elegance and style to any table top. Ceramic mechanism is harder than steel, odourless, rust ...View full detailsOriginal price $40.00Current price $29.00| /Save 28%
From Scanpan, these glass lids feature a heat resistant knob for easy lifting and are ovenproof up to 260°C/500 °F. Dishwasher safe.$39.00| /Sale
Original price $190.00Current price $159.00| /
WÜSTHOF'S best-selling collection for generations, CLASSIC full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon s...View full detailsOriginal price $190.00Current price $159.00| /Save 16%